If you’re anything like me, Halloween might just be one of your favorite holidays of the year. The truth is, this year is going to look and feel a little different. Where we live might impact what our Halloweens looks like in different ways, but as a family we’ve decided to stay in this year. In lieu of community events and trick-or-treating, we will be celebrating with Halloween baskets (a play on Easter baskets), pumpkin shaped pancakes, and a toddler friendly Halloween movie/TV show marathon.
I’ve scoured our streaming services and below is a list of just SOME of the free options available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. Of course, if you’re willing to pay for a rental there are a ton more options available.
I’ll add here that different families have different opinions on what “toddler friendly” means. Just because I’d let my almost 3 year old watch it, doesn’t mean that it’ll be appropriate for your kiddo and just because I don’t let Milo watch something, doesn’t mean you should feel bad about letting your toddler watch it. Unless it’s Deadpool… then maybe we need to have a talk. All that to say, these are recommendations based on my kid, so preview them for yourself first and make sure they are a good fit for yours too.
- Spookley (Netflix)
- Room on the Broom (Netflix) (Amazon)
- Pinkfong! Halloween Songs (Amazon)
- Ichabod & Mr. Toad (Disney+)
- Super Monsters Save Halloween (Netflix)
- Super Monsters:Dia de los Monsters (Coming soon to Netflix)
- Super Monsters: Vida’s First Halloween (Netflix)
- Toy Story of Terror (Netflix)
- Frankenweenie (Disney+)
- Arthur and the Haunted Tree House (Amazon)
- Dreamworks Spooky Stories (Netflix)
- True: Tricky Treat Day (Netflix)
- It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (Amazon)
- A Go! Go! Cory Carson Halloween (Netflix)
- Monsters Inc. (Disney+)
- Pocoyo Halloween (Amazon)(Netflix)
- StarBeam: Halloween Hero (coming Soon to Netflix)